Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Lab Development Work

Why was the Internet Society created?

The W3C mission is to lead the World Wide Web to its full potential by developing protocols and guidelines that ensure the long-term growth of the Web. Below we discuss important aspects of this mission, all of which further W3C's vision of One Web. One of the main reasons is to MAKE BENEFIT OF THE INTERNET AVAILABLE TO ALL.


Who can join the W3C? What does it cost to join? What does it cost to join?

Membership in W3C is open to all types of organizations (including commercial, educational and governmental entities) and individuals. Any entity that can sign the Membership Agreement can become a Member. Members may be either for-profit or not-for-profit organizations. Most Members invest significant resources into Web technologies. They may be developing Web-based products, using Web technologies as an enabling medium, conducting research on the Web, or developing specifications based on W3C work.

Cost:

a small company in India would pay 953 USD annually, a non-profit in the United States would pay 6,350 USD, and a very large company in France would pay 65,000 EUR.


The W3C home page lists a number of technologies. Choose one that interests you, click its link, and read the associated pages. List three facts or issues that you discover.

Web devices is the technology that interests me the most. Three facts i have discovered are, mobile web, voice browsing and multimodel access.

Make a list of your five favourite websites

www.dit.ie
www.dit.ie/webcourses
www.mydit.ie
www.comp.dit.ie
www.ditrocks.ie

I like the site because it has a user friendly interface, i have to use the site each day and gives great information.

Visit the following five websites:

http://www.amazon.com good
I dont like how its simple and fast.
I dont like paying for things on the site.
http://www.stupidfunclub.com neither good or bad just simply stupid!
I dont like how it takes time to load
I like the interface
SmashingMagazine.com bad
I dont like too much information at once
I like the style of site
http://www.teacherxpress.com/ bad
Again i dont like too much information oon one page
I like the different colours
Apple good
I like the products being sold, nicely layed out
I dont like anything

No comments:

Post a Comment